PORTRUSH GETS MAJOR FACELIFT FUNDING
MASSIVE regeneration funding has been granted to the North Coast in the form of the Portrush Urban Development Grant, to significantly improve the town ahead of The Open Championship in 2019.
Interested parties have just over a month to get involved by submitting a grant application for funding to commence a new build project, refurbishment project or to develop a derelict site.
In order to support this initiative, 2020 Architects are offering free feasibility studies and will assist clients with the initial grant application.
Applications for the Urban Development Grant (UDG) must be submitted by 5pm on February 22nd, 2017.
It is anticipated over half-a-million people will visit Portrush during The Open event, hence the potential exists to showcase the North Coast globally as an excellent tourist destination.
Portrush town and the wider peninsula area are included in the regeneration scheme, as confirmed by Department for Communities which is responsible for issuing funding under the UDG.
Activities supported under UDG;
- Speculative development – Erection of new buildings for letting/selling (offices, shops, industrial units) OR Refurbishment/restructuring of existing buildings for the same purpose.
- Owner/Occupier projects – for existing buildings to modernise them (internal and external work included) for business use. Applicant can be either the owner or lease holder.
- Housing developments for letting/selling
With grant aid of up to 30% available, it can make a massive difference to any project and we would advise anyone with a business within the proposed area to get in touch. You can view the map of the proposed areas and their grant priority here.
- Speculative development cases – eligible costs normally include current site value, site clearance and preparation, construction costs, architectural and Quantity Surveyors’ fees, financing costs
- Owner/Occupier cases – eligible costs normally include reasonable construction costs, architectural and Quantity Surveyors’ fees.
Projects under this scheme should align with the goals under the UDG including;
- Encourage private sector investment and strengthen competitiveness
- Create/retain permanent jobs and tackle deprivation
- Improve the appearance of the built environment – street frontage, and increase property value.
2020 Architects are offering free feasibility studies and will help with your grant application. We will take relevant projects step-by-step through planning and building control to remove any hassle and make the entire process as easy as possible.
To find out more contact 2020 Architects on 027 2766 799 or email on email@example.com