OUR GUIDE TO NORTHERN IRELAND RURAL BUSINESS GRANTS
The NI Rural Development Programme has opened funding for small businesses, both new start-ups and existing businesses wanting to expand. If you would like to benefit from these Rural Business Grants, check out our simple guide…
TYPE OF PROJECTS FUNDED UNDER THE RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME?
Projects that could be supported include (this list is not definitive):
- Rural tourism activities including some types of accommodation and tourism service provision
- Development of craft and handicraft activities
- Construction and related services in production and/or processing of non-agricultural goods and materials
- Social service provision such as childcare, eldercare, healthcare, care for disabled, educational farms
- Investment in leisure, recreation and sport activities as an economic activity
- IT activities including computer-based and electronic activities and e-commerce
- Provision of services including Engineering, Accounting, Technical services
- Construction and improvement of immovable property
- Enhancement of existing space
- Computer software
- Professional fees (up to 10% of eligible costs)
- Promotional and marketing material and website development
WHO CAN APPLY?
- non-agricultural practices
- business must have operated continuously for more than one year.
- must be a rural location
- applies only to micro enterprises (below 10 employees) and small enterprises (below 50 employees)
WHAT GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE?
Capital grants are available from £5,000 to a maximum of £90,000 (with 50% mandatory contribution from applicants). Resource and marketing grants are available from £500 to a maximum of £10,000 (with 50% mandatory contribution from applicants).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY?
- A detailed business plan
- Full planning permission
- Evidence of match funding
- Quotations to support the cost
In order to make this grant as accessible as possible, 2020 are offering 10% OFF our fees for Grant Application projects!!
To find out more, get in touch now for one of our FREE CONSULTATIONS.