Rural Business Grants
Following the large number of enquiries about Northern Ireland’s Rural Business Investment Scheme, 2020 Architects have formed a basic Q&A to help you discover whether your business could potentially benefit from grant money being offered in your council area.
- What is the Rural Business Investment Scheme?
The Rural Business Investment Scheme will provide investment support for the creation and development of micro and small enterprises (including farm diversification and private tourism businesses) in rural areas.
All businesses applying will require a business plan and 3-year financial projections to support their application. The funding will primarily provide capital grants with some resource funds towards bespoke training and marketing. The NI Executive is responsible for rolling out the current Rural Development Programme which will run to 2020.
- How much grant funding is available to my business?
Between £5,000 and £90,000 (50% evidence of match funding is mandatory).
- What types of activities are covered?
- Rural tourism activities including some types of accommodation and tourism service provision.
- Development of craft and handicraft activities.
- Construction and related services in production and/or processing of non-agricultural goods and materials.
- Social service provision such as childcare, eldercare, healthcare, care for disabled, educational farms
- Investment in leisure, recreation, and sport activities as an economic activity (project must ﬁt with DCAL’s investment strategy on sport).
- IT activities including computer-based and electronic activities and e-commerce
- Provision of services including Architectural, Engineering, Accounting, Technical services
- What are the pre-requisites for applying?
- Must be a business which has operated for more than 1 year prior to application
- Must have a full business plan
- Must have full planning permission
- Must have evidence of match funding
- Must evidence need for proposed investment
- Attendance at local Rural Development Programme funding workshops
- Quotations to support the costs of the project
There will be periodic calls for applications under this scheme throughout the delivery of the programme.
- Where can I apply?
If you reside in the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, full and detailed information on what is required to apply can be obtained at http://www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/work/rural-development and by attending a mandatory Funding Workshop.
To make this grant as accessible as possible, 2020 are offering 10% OFF our fees for Grant Application projects!! To find out more, get in touch now for one of our FREE CONSULTATIONS. Call 028 2766 7999 or email email@example.com